Itinerary for 10-Day BVM Caritas Medjugorje Pilgrimages
Listed below is the typical daily itinerary of a BVM Caritas pilgrimage. We will be going to Apparition Mountain and Cross Mountain the very first two days we arrive in the village.
- Breakfast is served usually around 7:00 a.m. or 8:00 a.m. depending on what the schedule is each day.
- English Mass – 10 a.m. (12 noon on Sundays and Feast Days).
- Lunch is served after English Mass each day.
- Evening Services at St. James Church begin with the Joyful and Sorrowful (Luminous Mysteries on Thursday) Mysteries of the Rosary and Confession – 5:00 p.m. winter, 6:00 p.m. summer.
- Apparition Time – 5:40 p.m. winter, 6:40 p.m. summer.
- Evening Mass – 6:00 p.m. winter, 7:00 p.m. summer; the Mass is in Croatian, but the Gospel is read in several languages, including English.
- Every evening, immediately following the Croatian Mass – The Apostles’ Creed, 7 Our Father’s, 7 Hail Mary’s and 7 Glory Be’s are prayed for Our Lady’s intentions for peace, along with other prayers.
- Dinner is prepared to be ready at the conclusion of Mass and after praying the 7-7-7.
- Adoration – On Tuesday and Saturday evenings from 9-10 p.m. winter, 10-11 p.m. summer, at St. James Church.
- Apparition on the mountain with Ivan’s Prayer Group – when Ivan is in Medjugorje, on Monday and Friday nights, normally at the Blue Cross, but sometimes it is on the top of Apparition Mountain.
Itinerary For Your 10-Day Pilgrimage With BVM Caritas
Day 1 – USA – Europe
This is your first of two travel days, after your drive to the airport and/or your connecting flight, you will board a non-stop overnight flight to Europe from your departure US city, and arrive in Frankfurt or another European city. Dinner and breakfast are served on board. You fly through the night, through six time zones from Eastern Time.
Day 2 – Europe – Landing in Split or Dubrovnik – Medjugorje
Arriving into Frankfurt, or another European city, early to mid-morning, you will then connect with your flight to Split or Dubrovnik, being in the air for approximately 90 minutes. One of our Caritas community members, who lives in Medjugorje, will meet you upon your arrival to Split or Dubrovnik. You will board a private motor coach and arrive in Medjugorje early afternoon to evening. You will have time to settle in your room before being served a delicious meal. If the group arrives early enough to go to Evening Services, we strongly encourage our groups to go, with dinner being served afterwards.
Day 3 – Apparition Mountain
To begin your pilgrimage in Medjugorje, your Caritas community member will meet with the group about what you will be doing during the next days and you will have the opportunity to meet all those in your group. We will be climbing Apparition Mountain on this day.
Day 4 – Cross Mountain
Today we will be climbing Cross Mountain, also known as Mount Krizevac.
Day 5-9 – Various Sites in Medjugorje
During the next five days you will have the opportunity to experience the grace of Medjugorje through meeting the people of Medjugorje, visiting the sites of the apparitions and praying in union with thousands of pilgrims from around the world. Members of the Community of Caritas have been specially trained to spiritually guide you through the week towards a very meaningful and spiritually rewarding pilgrimage. We strive to acquaint you with the geography of the village early in the week (Apparition Mountain, Cross Mountain, St. James Church, the Blue Cross, Caritas Mission House, etc.) to encourage you to revisit many of the sites shown to you as the week goes on.
In the middle of your pilgrimage in Medjugorje, you will be treated to what we call “A Walk Through the Village.” To have a deeper appreciation and understanding of the events of Medjugorje, we revisit those early years and experiences of the visionaries and village. On this walk through, many long forgotten apparition sites are visited and stories shared of the history and progression of Our Lady’s plan through these many years.
Arrangements will be made for you to see and hear the visionaries of Medjugorje if they are in the village and available to pilgrims. This cannot always be guaranteed.
Day 10 – Medjugorje – Split / Dubrovnik – Europe – USA
Your group will leave very early in the morning to begin your travel home. A private motor coach will bring you to Split or Dubrovnik where you will connect with your flights from Europe and then your homes in the U.S. or other countries for you who have joined us from another country. You will be carrying with you the graces received in Medjugorje to share with those back home through the witness of your lives.
During dinner each evening, the schedule for the following day will be explained and then posted in the reception area, by the front desk.